Exclusive plants, unique by their sizes and forms!
What is Hydroseeding and Why is it so Great?
Hydroseeding can be defined as “to sow (a field, lawn, etc.) with seed by distribution in a stream of water propelled through a hose.”
Hydroseeding is a planting process that uses a slurry of seed and mulch. A slurry is a semi-liquid substance, in this case, mixed with seed and mulch. Hydroseeding is often used as an erosion control technique as an alternative to the traditional process of broadcasting or sowing dry seed. It takes out the additives that have been traditionally used in seeding and promotes the use of native grasses. So hydroseeding is also great for the environment!
But the greatness doesn’t stop there! We have come up with a list of several great advantages and important facts to consider about hydroseeding:
- Hydroseeding provides a much faster, more efficient method for growing grass; it’s even better than sod!
- It can flourish in all conditions.
- It utilizes a combination of mulch, seed, fertilizer, and water, which is mixed in a tank and sprayed onto the ground surface.
- With hydroseeding, you don’t have to worry about the health and safety of your family, pets, and the environment due to the fact that the mixture is nontoxic.
- It aids in erosion control and bank stabilization.
- Hydroseeding is most commonly used to plant a lot of grass very quickly, typically for larger commercial properties.
- The mixture provides extra cushion for the soil to protect against the impact of rain and other weather.
- It’s more cost-efficient.
- You can typically see grass in five to seven days. It can take a few extra days in the case of extremely hot or extremely cold temperatures.
- This means that you can still successfully hydroseed any time of the year.
- Out of all the methods for planting grass, this one leads to the highest water retention.
- Hydroseeding guarantees even coverage.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get started on hydroseeding your lawn today!